da Vinci Student Series 303 Junior Paint Brush, Round Elastic
- Designed for teachers and students, junior rounds are a well built, easy to use brush developed to improve the quality of brushes for beginners
- They can be used with any type of paint and are easy to clean
- The -inchhold it like a pencil-inch handle shape makes for a comfortable and familiar grip it won’t roll away if dropped
- It has a reinforced brush head for heavy wear that will always hold its point Unlike most cheaper brushes, Junior features a “rust resistant” seamless steel ferrule
- Certified green manufacturing with sustainable wood handles handmade in Germany at our family owned factory since 1890
From the manufacturer
Series 32 Student Watercolor Round Mixed Hair is a natural hair brush for beginner’s and students. Mostly used for water media or tempera, it is a well built economical brush. Other manufacturers sometimes label this as a “camel hair” brush. Made in Germany.
- Great brush for beginners and students
- Natural hair mix will absorb and hold water and color
- Economically priced for a natural hair round
- Nickel ferrule is of higher quality than most manufacturers who use tin or aluminum for beginners brushes
Certified green manufacturing with sustainable wood handles made in Germany
The da Vinci Maestro is ideal for watercolors, gouache, illustration, animation, and rendering.
da Vinci Watercolor Brushes
The ancient Egyptians used a carefully thought out system to irrigate the fertile soil of the Nile valley during long dry periods, using interconnected cisterns to ensure water levels stayed consistent.
da Vinci watercolor brushes use a similar model to uniformly deliver paint to paper, creating thousands of tiny hollow spaces between the hairs that act as cisterns while also making use of capillaries that allow liquid to flow vertically along the brush hairs.
Made from the noblest and most precious brush hair, da Vinci watercolor brushes offer a fine holding capacity, a lively elasticity in the bristles, and excellent shape retention when new paint is absorbed.
da Vinci Maestro Watercolor Brushes
Made from natural Kolinsky red sable hair
Using hair from select male Kolinsky red sable tails, da Vinci Maestro watercolor brushes hold a perfect point, possess plenty of elasticity, have a high capacity for holding color, and feature an expertly shaped tip with snap.
Thanks to the cold winters of Siberia, Kolinsky red sable hair grows long and strong, characteristics that lend it springiness and shape retention as well as an enormous ability to absorb color — a must for fluid watercolor painting.
- Series 10 with Round brush
- Available in sizes 10/0 to 36 and 50
- European style shaping with an extra-sharp point and the fastest action at the tip
- Handle made with sustainable wood from German forestry
- Seamless rust-resistant, long-lasting ferrules made of nickel- or gold-plated brass
Inhabiting the Tobol River region in Eastern Siberia, the Kolinsky red sable is known for its extraordinarily beautiful, bushy tail, which produces a very strong, straight, fine tip.
Hand-crafted from raw material to finished brush by skilled artisans at the da Vinci factory in Germany, all da Vinci brushes are tested individually to ensure the finest tips and reliable performance. (Series 5530 CosmoTop brush hair shown above.)
Select Series paintbrushes feature da Vinci’s patented ‘esagonal handle’, which includes six imperceptible flattenings at the thickest part of the handle to prevent rolling and limit hand fatigue.
|Series 10||Series 11||Series 35||Series 1301||Series 428||Series 1200k|
|Kolinsky Red Sable Hair||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Brush Characteristics||European-style shaping with extra-sharp point and fast action at the tip||Fuller English-style body with extra-sharp point and fast action at the tip||Extra-long taper at the tip that’s great for fast, loose watercolor painting||Thick belly feeds sharp painting edge to lay down even washes with great control||Unique point allows for full strokes across the paper; quill allows for longer length||Medium length sharp needle point for lettering, long lines or fine line detail work|
|Sizes||10/0 to 36 and 50||10/0 to 24||3/0 to 24||2 to 35||0 to 6||10/0 to 24|
|Esagonal Handle Shape||✓|
|Naturally Lacquered Handle||✓|
da Vinci: A Hand-Crafted Tradition Lives On
For three generations, da Vinci has created the highest quality artist and specialty brushes. The roots of da Vinci Brushes date back to 1890 in Nuremberg, Germany — a global center for the traditional art of brush making at the time. Beginning in the 1950s, the company took on the name of the universal genius of the Renaissance — Leonardo da Vinci. Today, this family-owned business offers the largest selection of artist brushes in the world, with each brush hand-crafted with pride to exacting standards.
Combining the best raw materials available with the most up-to-date production processes, skilled brush makers draw on centuries-old wisdom and input from contemporary professional artists to create brushes of unsurpassed beauty, quality, and endurance.
Made in Germany, the da Vinci line includes cosmetic brushes, artist brushes, hobby and school brushes, nail brushes, and dental brushes.
Size 1, Size 10, Size 100, Size 12, Size 14, Size 16, Size 18, Size 2, Size 20, Size 24, Size 30, Size 4, Size 40, Size 5, Size 50, Size 6, Size 70, Size 8, Size 80
Flat, Jumbo Round, Round